| Home > Recipes > SeaMama Wakame Flakes
SeaMama Rejuvenation Soup Recipe
- 1/2 packet of SeaMama Wakame Flakes
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 4-6 shiitake mushrooms sliced (or beef)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbs of sesame oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Lightly sauté shiitake mushrooms (or meat) until brown.
- Add chopped garlic for added flavor.
- Add 1.5 quarts of filtered water and bring to a boil.
- Add SeaMama Wakame Seaweed (no need to soak or wash).
- Simmer for additional 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tamari/soy sauce & sea salt, pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice for a hearty soup-meal.
Makes 6 servings
You can refrigerate unused portions for 3 days or freeze each serving and eat it over a month.
Wakame and cucumber salad
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced thin
- 2 ounces/ 55 g shirasuboshi (dried tiny sardines), or canned salmon or tuna flakes, shreds of crab meat, or boiled chicken
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and shredded for garnish
- Place Wakame in bowl and pour cold water over it to rehydrate. Let sit for ten minutes and then drain well.
- Sprinkle salt over the cucumber slices, let stand for 5 minutes until soft and watery, then squeeze out excess water.
- Blanch shirasuboshi in boiling water, drain, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce and stir until the sugar dissolves. Mix in the cucumber, shirasuboshi, and wakame seaweed. Garnish with shredded ginger and serve immediately.
Serves 4 as a salad course
Wakame Brown Rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon wakame seaweed flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Bring water, brown rice, butter, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Soak wakame in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes; drain in a mesh strainer. Scoop rice into a bowl, and gently fold in wakame, avocado, and sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.
Serves 4 as a side dish