Seaweed Rolls with Sunflower Seed Pate by Gena at choosingraw.com
Gingery Sunflower Seed Pate (Raw, vegan, gluten free)
Yields about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 1 hr
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tiny garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger (more if you like the taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- Handful chopped scallions (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and run motor till its relatively smooth.
- With motor running, drizzle in enough water for the pate to be thick, but easy to spread (careful not to add too much!).
To assemble rolls:
- Cut a sheet of seaweed in half. Spread each half with two generous dollops of pate.
- Using a knife or spatula spread the pate in a thin, even layer over the seaweed.
- Beginning at the shorter end of the sheet, roll the seaweed carefully up to make a single rolls.
- Keep working with all of the seaweed until youve got about 8 or 10 rolls.
- Cut in halves and serve.
Recipe found on the choosingraw blog